Today, as we know, fashionable enlightened non-stop, constantly learning something new. In particular – to change the scope of its activities and, for example, to learn a new profession. One of the new and “young” for Ukraine professions – a coach. Its main task – to help the client achieve their goal. His main tool in this – the ability to “actively” listen to your client by performing the function of a kind of “mirror”. It consists of 3 layers.
First, the coach should be able to “reflect” the story of a man at the facts (pronounce heard). Second, to be able to “reflect” emotions, feelings client (empathize and sounded his emotions). And finally, the third: to be able to “reflect” on the level of meaning (to be able to analyze and synthesize heard).
For all of these skills novice coach can earn up to $ 50 per hour of work. However, every beginner the coach have to go. Earnings successful professionals with years of experience reach $ 200-500 per hour.
Not to be confused with psychology
Many people mistakenly believe that the coach – is synonymous with the word “psychology”. But it is not. To explain the difference, coaches give a simple example: a man, referring to the psychologist, automatically assumes the position of “patient” in need of “treatment”, that is of help. A psychologist, being in a dominant position, assuming the role of mentor and dictates the course of action to his client. In contrast to the psychologist, coach sees his client as an equal partner. His “mission” is not to give the client specific recommendations, but the fact that through the right questions to help a person make their own decisions and plan their next steps. For example, you want to change jobs, but doubt its decision. The coach may ask you questions such as: why do you need a change of job, what do you want to change what you see options for a new job, and others. Another difference: psychologist analyzes past client to change his attitude and actions in the present. A coach never has to deal with the past, only the present and future of man.
Who in the coach. Learn coaching worth those people whose work is directly related to the influence of thoughts, feelings and actions of others – the leaders of different levels, coaches, consultants, entrepreneurs, employees of departments of personnel, practical psychology. Such students – about 70-80%. The remaining 20-30% – those who want to make coaching as a profession.
HOW TO TEACH. Education coaches mainly extends in a modular form, as a single unit lasts 2-5 days. Next, as a rule, starts 1-1.5 months. A total duration of training at each school is different – from 1 to 10 months (or even up to one year). The price of one unit of learning – from 800 to 6000 UAH. During the course of the training modules for students not only “proofreads” theoretical material on a particular topic. Most modules are in a more practical way. For example, a course leading to someone of the students demonstrates how to conduct coaching sessions (called the meeting a coach and the client). In between modules – the practice: students are divided into small groups, and they spend with each other coaching sessions (closer to the end of the training – students have practiced on real people), practicing the ability to ask questions and use the tools of coaching.
In order to get a diploma, it is necessary to work out the allotted practice time – about 25-35 coaching sessions (in one of the schools – 100 coaching sessions) recorded it all on video and audio making it. Also, each prospective coach must get feedback from their customers (usually 5 reviews).
HOW TO CHOOSE A SCHOOL
So you’ve decided to learn to be a coach. First of all, it is necessary to choose a place of learning. Experts advise:
1) ask alumni feedback, ask for their contact to the manager of the school (if categorically denied, you should guard);
2) look at the master course. First, learn its experience in conducting training programs (over 21 days) and experience in coaching – 10 years. Secondly, he himself should be the coach (to learn it, you can just ask the master). And in order to understand the suitability of his manner of teaching, you can ask the same manager familiar with video or audio recordings sessions. By the way, often before the start in school coaching organizers will open free workshops (their is just leading the course), which is worth a visit;
3) find out what program will be trained. Experts advise afraid veduschih- “karaoke”, that is, those who teach coaching by a stranger, and not your own program. This information can also be found at the manager of the school, seeing a printout of the program (there should be indicated the author);
4) ask duration of training. Minimum period of training for effective training – 3-4 unit for 3-5 days with an interval of 1-1.5 months (the price of one unit of learning – from 800 to 6000 UAH.);
5) The last criterion – a diploma after graduation. Schools often give their own internal certificates. But this does not mean that they can not be trusted. But nice if national school is accredited coaching known foreign organizations and institutions of coaching (for example, the International Ericson University coaching). Then graduate receives a certificate “with the name”, which will look more prestigious in the labor market.
SIGNS OF EXPLANATORY coach
Not only can you learn to be a coach, but also to use its services – “ordered” his private lessons with him.
DIPLOMA. Of course, at the coach should be vocational education. Many people mistakenly believe that the “crust” of the psychologist him enough. Not at all. In the coaching profession is not necessarily the presence of psychological education. The main thing is that the certificate coach testified that he was a special long-term training. Aerobatics – international certificates. For example, the International Federation of coaching (ICF), the European Federation of coaching (ECF), the European Association of mentoring and coaching (EMCC) and others.
RECOMMENDATIONS. Still one of the best criteria for choosing a coach, according to experts – it reviews its former clients. You can either ask for contact numbers personally potential coach and look for them in different forums.
WORK EXPERIENCE. In the coach should have at least 3-5 years of practical experience. It is desirable that he had a “portfolio” of specific solutions to life problems, which he was able to list, so you can trust the coach a solution to your problem.
The number of clients. The minimum number of clients per year, which should have a coach – 5. And the optimum number per year – about 10 customers.
The availability of its coaches. Another important criterion – the presence of a coach’s own coach. After all, according to experts, coaching – is a profession in which at the very professional should be permanent life request personal development. After all, the coach who develops and sitting on the ground, is unlikely to help its customers succeed.
First meeting and DEMOSESSIYA. Important to the success of the personal rights and compatibility coach. To understand correspond to your coach, asked him to visit the demo coaching session (it is usually free or at a reduced price). This full-scale study in which your potential coach can demonstrate their skills.
During the session. First of all, experts advise to listen to their inner feelings: how comfortable answering questions a coach and how he is able to listen to your customer. One of the main indicators of professionalism – impartiality. Therefore, during the coaching session, it is necessary to determine whether the coach is trying to give some of his advice or to impose their point of view.
DURATION. Specify how long assumed cooperation. Optimal experience experts, is time – six months (a minimum – 3 months). And the greatest results can be achieved with the cooperation of the client with a coach for 12 months.
Vadim Hareb, head of personnel development company engaged in the manufacture and sale of soft drinks, graduated from a school of coaching:
“Training coaching a positive impact on my personal and professional life to. To begin to tell the personal. When I summed up in 2010, it was surprised to find that at least half of my achievements for the year relate to private life, not a profession. For example, I first went to Europe. Why am I so happy? Because in my life started to recover the balance between work and other vital interests.
I love my job. But learning to coaching it turned out that she became my hobby. At one of the sessions the teacher introduced us to the coaching tool, which is called “balance wheel”. (The circle is divided into segments – the “zone of responsibility of the person”, they represent all areas of life in which the person is important to achieve results (professional and personal), then you need to paint each of the segments as much as he pleased with his success in each of the spheres. “The Wheel balance “helps to see the” gaps “in life, prioritize and optimally allocate their time to development in each area. – Ed.).
Now for the professional sphere. One of my functional responsibilities – in the establishment and implementation of development plans for employees. Previously, helping people, I took the position of “expert” and began to give advice, believing that to me as a specialist better sense of what and how to develop it. And then I was very surprised that people have little interest in the implementation of such plans, because they are mine, not theirs. After high school, I decided to change coaching “tactics”, using elements of coaching in their work. When a person comes to me for help in writing a plan, I start asking him questions, for example, “What do you think needs to be developed?”, “Why is that?”, “What actions can propel you to your goal?” . In answering these questions, the person begins to see himself and, more importantly, to know what side he developed more and which less. I see that people prefer this approach, and many of them thanks to him more clearly define their professional goals and to move quickly through the ranks. ”
STRATEGIC PLAN FOR 2011
To learn how to properly develop a personal strategy for 2011 with the help of the right questions, told a leading “Schools organizational coaching” (Center for Business Training «Golden Staff») and co-founder of the International Institute of Coaching and Innovation Management Yuri Kravchenko.
STEP 1: Overview of achievements and defeats
1) What are the main achievements and failures I experienced in 2010? What do they teach me?
2) What was it like my life in the past year? What can draw parallels and comparisons?
3) What do I want my life looked like in 2011? That this inspires me the most? Why do I believe that it will be?
4) What I would like to say to himself at the end of 2011?
STEP 2: CASE goals bones
1) What are the 5 main goals I put in front of him in 2011?
2) the extent to which these objectives are in line balanced life model (see. Block below)? What goals should be added to help life be more balanced?
3) What three or four problems I can expand each of the objectives?
4) To what time I want to solve these problems and that it will give me?
5) All the details are not provided – but what exactly is important to consider and anticipate?
Step 3. Assess the resources GOALS
1) What do I already have in order to achieve my goals?
2) What abilities I need in the new year?
3) What abilities I want to develop further?
4) As the scope of my life can help each other in achieving the objectives?
5) Which of my surroundings can be active assistant to me? What I have to agree with him?
6) Who can be an example for me to achieve my goals?
STEP 4. ANALYSIS necessary actions
1) What kind of steps and when I’ll do to solve the problems that lead to each of the objectives?
2) How do I verify that the correct move?
3) What will I do if they have difficulties?
STEP 5. EXPANSION GOALS
1) What I feel and what I say myself, when you reach the goal?
2) Who do I thank for that?
3) In what I believe its value even more, thanks to the success in 2011?
4) What do I become even more capable?
5) What new goals I put in front of each of the areas of life?
Balanced model of life
Consists of 4 parts:
1) The “body”: physical health, well-being, appearance, nutrition, movement, etc.
2) “Activity”: studies, profession, career, business, science, politics, finance, etc.
3) “Contact”: family, family ties, friends, social traditions, just chat, etc.
4) “inner world”: dreams, fantasies, meanings, faith, values the experience, creativity, intuition, premonition of the future, etc.
This model helps to analyze the usual strategy of personal rights and reveal their weaknesses to the following strategy was better (balanced). To do this, you need to answer the following questions: 1) For the realization of some areas of life, I usually send my strategy? 2) On what areas I sometimes forget about them? 3) As I usually pay off for it? 4) How do I change it to a new 2011? If a person pays a personal strategy for these areas equal attention, the issues of burnout, psychosomatic illnesses, time management solve themselves.