Modern business education market should produce professionals with an extreme level of training
In the ten years before the crisis in Russia had time to grow a generation of high-quality professionals able to operate successfully and grow in a sustainable market. But they were not prepared to force majeure and the dramatic changes the usual conditions, as happened in the crisis. This has led to frustration and downfall of many careers, not to mention the consequences for the company. About how to be a modern business education, ability to grow a successful top manager, “RSF” said the executive director of the Association of Managers of Russia Sergey Litovchenko.
- What are the challenges faced by the employer in terms of economic instability?
- Currently, more employers than ever are interested in qualified specialists, able to make decisions in extreme conditions and uncertainty. This need was highlighted most clearly in crisis. Here is an example: in a simple driving school training and courses of extreme driving. That is simple courses provide only management skills vehicle in normal mode, and extreme driving courses – the ability to maintain stability on the road with any surface, in any weather conditions, the willingness to unexpected obstacles and to any development scenarios, as well as the ability to find a way out with minimal losses for all subjects traffic situation.
Thus, the market needs professionals with an extreme level of training that can work in any situation and to act in accordance with the current priorities of the employer.
- What are the prospects of business education in Russia as a whole?
- As long as the business makes a growing demand for managers, education industry prospects are good. And so the demand is there, and it’s growing. The task of the adjustable keep up with demand, or, even better, to anticipate future trends and market needs. After all, if we begin to teach yesterday’s student management, he will get a specialty in just a few years, and the market situation during that time can change, and those specialties that are now going with a bang, a couple of years may be less popular. And vice versa.
Speaking about the differences between the capital and the regions do not think that will make a great discovery, if I say that, of course, in the major cities of business education industry will develop faster. This is logical – experts are trained, where they are most needed. In addition, management training and other economic fields – is not simply a process of teaching in its classical form, but also an extensive research work and close interaction with prospective employers at the stage of learning. Despite the fact that big business in Russia is concentrated mainly in the capital and several major cities, the conclusion is obvious.
- What are the key issues of business education?
- The main problem, in my opinion, is the weakness of the interaction of the education industry as a supplier of qualifications with business as their customer. The adjustable important to understand what the exact needs of the market now and in the future, and for what purpose it is necessary to work. Businesses, in turn, also can be difficult to develop a consolidated position and put the high school the following tasks at the level of specification.
Another problem – it is the quality of secondary education. In my experience of communication with employers, many say the catastrophic level of basic subjects in today’s youth – mathematics and Russian language. If a person has not learned to read and write, it is difficult to something more to learn (doobuchit) in high school, and later in the workplace.
The third problem – the motivation of young people to obtain business education in particular, and higher education in general. The popularity of business education remains high. The reasons for the popularity, unfortunately, often do not differ nobility – Students, alas, simply “crust”, and they are not willing to study seriously. The other part is on the principle of “what poprestizhnee.” Only part is there for real knowledge. This implies the related problem – the number of diplomas we have overproduction of specialists. Not only economic, but also throughout higher education in general. According to the World Organization of Universities (2008), in Russia 21% of the population has a university degree, which puts our country roughly on a par with the US or Japan, and far superior to many developed countries of Europe. While the knowledge-based economy of our western below, one conclusion – quantitative bust. The result – the majority of holders of diplomas does not work in their specialty. I agree that higher education contributes to the formation of a fully developed personality, but from an economic point of view, such an education is useless. Conclusion: The need to strive not to the amount and the quality.